Discrimination Legal Aid
DISCRIMINATION LEGAL AID
The Discrimination Legal Aid is a free legal assistance that includes both civil and criminal protection against discrimination. We receive cases in all areas of society, and assist the individual in sorting out their questions. We advise on alternative ways of proceeding either before the conflict council, the court, the police, or possibly other public complaints or supervisory bodies.
We provide legal aid for people who may struggle to make themselves understood. We shape our services for you to have easy access to the legal information and process.
What happens when you contact the Discrimination Legal Aid?
We adapt our services to your needs in order for you to understand what the law regulates and how we can help you solve your problems. Specifically:
- You have the right to an interpreter if you are not comfortable speaking Norwegian or English.
- You have enough time to explain what the problem is.
- We make sure you understand your options for a solution.
- You decide what's best for you.
- The information we receive is treated in a confidential manner.
We offer advice, but you decide if you want to proceed with the case.